Monday, January 30, 2012

It's Official - Happy Birthday :)


Happy Birthday :D

I was born as a Catholic and I thank my parents for raising me up knowing the works of God.  I went to a Catholic school since my very first step in education level. Before when 6PM came, no more playing outside the house, we, as a family would pray the rosary and the psalms. We will attend mass every Sundays and special occasions. We gave offerings, prayers and even visited a lot of Churches around the country. 

I would say, last 2011 my year started so right. Every blessing came pouring in one after the other and I’m just so thankful that I have a lot of options to choose. It was laid down on me I just have to pick the best from all of them. I knew what I wanted, but I guess it was not for me. That’s why even though how hard I try my best to pick that option, something is telling me not to pick it up.  

Then, it was last year February 6. Let’s just say I’m good at dates I always keep track on special and ordinary days of my life. What happened last Feb 6? I, on my own attended a mass at Victory Group in Alabang. It was my first time to attend a mass on my own; honestly speaking, I never attend mass if I’m alone for me its better not to go. I didn’t even know why I attended it. All I know is I needed to talk to HIM. I needed HIM so badly that He needs to choose for me not what I want but what HE wants for me.

I was there, all the worship, the preaching and the prayers. I even had goose bumps, I cried and I know for the fact that I am at the right place. I was so overwhelmed that day that all I can think about is there is something missing in my life and I guess it was HIM. All the time, He wanted me to come and it was the perfect timing for me. In my 2011, I found every reason why He let me stay and not chose the big opportunity the world offered me. I know for the fact that I need to be close to HIM again. I need to make Him my priority again and that I am at the right path. He did still bless me with lots of graces, happiness and opportunities. It was a bountiful year for me. 

Saturday night, while reading a book “When God writes your love story” I realized I still haven’t let HIM in all the way to my life. I did renew my life but not all of it. There are parts of my life that I still control and somehow know the right thing to do is surrender. Yes, to give up, to give everything on God’s perfect hands. He’ll be the Captain of my ship and every cabin of my life He can visit it and instruct me as a sailor to do what He wants. It’s all on HIM. 

January 29, 2011. This is it. I made a new relationship with Christ. It’s all on God’s ways and will with the help of Jesus. I thank my friends for showing me the right way. I also thank the pastors who encouraged me, also for Pastor Sonny for praying for my salvation. All I have to do now is accept whatever He has to offer me; for I know in my heart it’ll be for my own good. Step by step I have to learn again. I feel like I was in kindergarten again. I need to re-arrange my life, closer to Him and always for Him.

Happy birthday to me and to my friend Jamie. I am just so happy; I didn’t even know that an ordinary day can be so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment