Friday, January 13, 2012

...What I've done in a week...


An accomplishment for the week!

I am very much happy for the week hasn’t ended yet but I’ve accomplished a lot. Last week I started my Seven days Prayer and Fasting. What things I fast for? - Social network sites and rice. Easy; but for me it’s easier said than done and believe me temptations do arise. I also finished reading a book – “I Kissed Dating Goodbye”. For me to finish an entire book would take months or years even the thinnest type of book. Even if I’m interested, once I stopped I usually don’t get back to reading that easy. This book changed my views, it sure does…that’s why I’m so linked to it that in two weeks I’m done reading it. For some bookworms they can probably finish the book in one seating. ;)

Let’s talk more about the two things I accomplished…




PRAY. SEEK. BELIEVE.


I have to be thankful for my colleagues who are Christian who somehow involved me in this activity. This is new to me and I am so much excited to do it. 

So WHY FAST? Seven days is not a big deal I guess, remember Christ fast for food and drinks for 40 days.  This is our way to humble ourselves to God and to consecrate to Him the New Year. Fasting too helps us to become sensitive to the Holy Spirit letting it into our lives it also reduces the power of self so that the Holy Spirit can do a more intense work within us. Fasting brings revival. It helps us prevail in prayer and intercession. Lastly, fasting is healthy; it cleanses your digestive system from toxins.


How to PREPARE TO FAST?

Be in FAITH. Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance. Be specific about your faith goals and expect God to answer. – For me there are simple things I asked and I let the will of God take its place.

Commit to a type of FAST. Pray about the kind of fast you will undertake and commit to it. Do not decide on a day-to-day basis. Commit before the fast and be determined. Ask God for grace. – I fast for rice, and social network site.

Plan your Calendar. You need to conserve physical energy and devote more time to prayer and reading the Bible. – Every day I read my “Our Daily Journal” and scriptures from the Bible.

Prepare Spiritually. Repentance is the foundation of prayer and fasting. Be ready to repent and change, and be transformed. Surrender everything to Him. Be completely open. – For this, I always seek for the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Prepare Physically. The key is to gradually prepare your body. – I guess eating without rice is not new to me but it’s relieving to do it again.


DURING THE FAST. Seek the Lord. Commit to Change. Have some practical tips like limit physical activities, maintain an attitude of prayer, drink plenty of water and rest as much as you can.


What happens after BREAKING THE FAST? Reintroduced solid foods gradually, continue to pray and be expectant. 


CONCLUSION. For me, this fasting and praying led me closer – much closer to God. It seems my day is not complete without scanning to my daily scriptures or reading a verse for the day. With the guidance of the Holy Spirit it leads me to become a more obedient person. I have to admit temptation is always around but I have to consider my faith, I pray and I believe.




As I said in the beginning of this post I also finished reading the book I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris. It enlightens me too. I recommend this book to almost everyone, in a relationship, in a dating status and most preferably for SINGLES like me. I said to my friends that it seems that every chapter has a hit on me as if I experienced the same, or I was looking for that answer and I was in that present situation. It actually talks to me. As if all the things I wanted to ask someone, the answer is there and mind you it doesn’t seem like the author is the one speaking but God, Himself. I’ll try to make a review on that on my future posts which I will relate to Single people like me. For now, grab a book. We ought to know. 

The next book I will start to read is shared by friend Carla. - When God Writes Your Love Story by Eric and Leslie Ludy. Then to follow by the second book of Joshua Harris - Boy meets Girl - Say Hello to Courtship





No comments:

Post a Comment