Saturday, January 21, 2012

Great Power comes Great Responsibility


Finally it has sink into me that I now have a bigger responsibility.

It took a couple of days before I realize that this is it…this is REAL. I am the Chairwoman of BIGKIS committee. At first, it comes as a surprise, a threat, a pressure. But in the end I realize it’s an opportunity, a way of growth to enhance my leadership skills, and a new venture. 

I’d be honest I am a big fan of big responsibilities, but that was way back my school days. Now working in a big company, in an industry with lots of people who has more experienced than what I have and to know that there are more seniors than I am…seriously speaking…ITS SCARY! 

On the day of the election, I was on my way to work and I was praying so hard that as much as possible they would not vote me into a high position. I would love to be part of the committee but just a plain member would do. I am indeed playing safe about having too much responsibility. Then I also add to my prayer in any case I would be in that position which I am now, I will accept it and know that there’s a purpose behind why God would put me in a position though I’m scared I can’t do it, He trusts me.

Then election came, and yes I was voted as Chairwoman; still is a surprise for me. I don’t even know all the responsibilities, and then I realize God is speaking to me. He knows that I am on a routinely schedule of going to work, going home, and then have some free time. He might have thought that I am no longer using the gifts He entrusted me with and that I am being stagnant. I didn’t even thought for a second that God wants me to grow in this company. He wanted me to do something for myself and for my colleagues. I still believe there are lots of people, way better for this position and I am thankful to have a team, a new group, a new family and a new set of friends from different departments. 

A friend told me that I should also trust myself for GOD trusts me that I can do it. He’s right. It does remind me of the movie Spiderman. “With Great Power comes Great Responsibility.” It seems as though I am the super hero like Peter Parker. Hindi ba pwedeng ako yung leading lady na si Mary Jane Watson? Well as super hero bawal ang ka-love team. Hindi makakapagconcentrate sa work. That's why I kissed dating goodbye.

I am still humble whenever people from work would address me as Chairwoman sometimes mislead to as Chairman (Anu ba? Babae ako hahaha). I am still shy especially if my bosses would call me as that. I am not used to it and I would not want to be address as that. Still I know for the fact I am a front office agent, I am one of the members of the hotel, simple as that. 

I am a leader yes but I also know that a good leader is also a good follower. I hope to do my best in this position and with the time of term I received I will enjoy it and hopefully I will be able to do my duties and responsibilities with the help of the whole committee, the hotel, and the support and guidance of my seniors. This is it…this is really is it…as in UNKABOGABLE na ‘to…

No comments:

Post a Comment