Sunday, January 8, 2012

All things are POSSIBLE

Good morning RAINY SUNDAY...

Every time it rains I always sing the song of The Carpenters "Rainy days and Mondays". Though today is not Monday instead Sunday I still sang. :)




Today since I am on PM shift from last night I arrived at our house around 12:20AM today. Then I continued reading the book, "I kissed dating goodbye". Then early morning today as I woke up I read Our Daily Journal and Job's story. It was really nice for I read with my Mom and I would like to share it with you guys too.

Luke 18:18-30 Speaks about how a rich young ruler was unwilling to sell his possessions in order to follow Jesus (v. 22). It seems like an impossible sacrifice, like a camel walking through the eye of a needle (v.25). But with God sometimes we think it is IMPOSSIBLE but with God, All things are POSSIBLE.  

Why did I relate the song from the scripture of the day. Come to think about it, sometimes when we face struggle we think where all alone and that it's a hard thing to survive, that we want to just QUIT. I've had some of these feelings but then I realized just like what the song says. - "Nice to know somebody loves me" and whatever I think is IMPOSSIBLE for me to do, I surrender it all to God. For Him, everything is POSSIBLE.


Talkin' to myself and feelin' old

Sometimes I'd like to quit

Nothing ever seems to fit

Hangin' around

Nothing to do but frown

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.


What I've got they used to call the blues

Nothin' is really wrong

Feelin' like I don't belong

Walkin' around

Some kind of lonely clown

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.



 Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you

Nice to know somebody loves me

Funny but it seems that it's the only thing to do

Run and find the one who loves me.

What I feel has come and gone before


No need to talk it out

We know what it's all about

Hangin' around

Nothing to do but frown

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.


Just a thought: What is God asking you to lay down that seems impossible to surrender?

All of us are in the same situation as the young rich ruler was. While our issues may be different, we all have cling to that, with God's help, we can lay down in order to follow Jesus and become all He intends us to be. It can be costly to follow Jesus, but it's so worth the cost! (vv. 29-30). - Jeff Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment