Friday, January 18, 2013

Embarked Davao



"The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. 
The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before."

One of my favorite quotes. It definitely shows individuality and the idea that in order to live we must not follow but lead ourselves. 

As a celebrate my birthday I planned to go on trip, on my own. No plans at all and "we'll see" - those are my words. I booked a flight to Davao when I saw there's a promo fare. Why Davao? It's a place I've always wanted to visit, my family had the chance to visit it but I wasn't able to join them so I decided why not go on my own. Although I'm not literally on my own coz I visited my childhood best friend - Honemay.  It's a different turn for me, she usually visits me here in Manila and this time I'm the guest. The vacation was a real bonus. A treat from Balagtas family and I can say I am really blessed and thank you Papa God for that! :) 

From my round trip flights I'm on my own and on my own as no one beside me on the row of the plane. :)Upon arrival at the airport I am just so happy to see my best friend and her sister Ate Jap plus Tito Bong. :) We had dinner at their house, or shall I say I had dinner since I came from a late flight. Then we head out and had coffee at Blugre coffee house, here as a tourist I tasted their Durian Coffee. it's not that bad at all but what can I say it smells like durian hahaha. :D

Day 2 started as we woke up early in the morning. We took an car hire to take us to the places we wanted to see. I didn't make plans for this tour,  let them tour me although I researched on some of the places who's hot on spot in Davao. Here my best friend also discovered that I'm literally MASA - Masandal Tulog!

Our first stop is Eden Nature Park - we didin't get any guide to tour us the big park but we did it ourselves with the use of map. We walked through the butterfly garden, prayer garden, flower garden, and the other garden types plus the forest. We also tried the Indiana Jones :) For the others I recommend that you go on your own trip, no need to wait for the tram to take you on a trip so you could value your time much better. Unless, you can't really walk that far coz it's quite tiring too. 

Next stop is Malagos Garden Resort, just a little payment for the entrance fee but that wouldn't hurt your pocket. At this place it was a nice view but it could've been nicer if it's not raining when we visit it. They said that Davao's weather is somehow unpredictable, it rains and it shines both on the same day. 

Then we also visited the Japanese tunnel. Mind you these destinations are not close to each other and it does makes me fall asleep while on the road. :) After the historical tour of the tunnel we headed on to the Crocodile Park. We were on time when the animals were having their little program. I'm not really a pet/animal lover so enough of me to look at them but to touch or hold them not really me especially if their REPTILES! :D We went back home almost at night time, then we had a dinner at Coco's. It seems this is one of the famous restaurants in Davao. 

Day 3 in Davao is a relax day! We first went to Church then we prepared for our Samal Island get away. :) We on board a boat from Marco Polo to take us to Chema's - the resort we visited. Took a lot of pictures, ate a lot plus all good times for all of us. After dinner they took me to the highest peak in Davao, a place where we could see the city lights of Davao - The Peak. We had coffee and I definitely enjoyed the scenery, the cold weather and the bonding. 






Day 4 - my last day! This time it was just me and my best friend. We tour the cityscapes of Davao, ate on different stores - BLOATED again! Took a walk in the park, story telling, shopped for pasalubongs and pizza box for dinner. Then the time has come for me to depart Davao. 

A blessed journey for me and I will definitely be back. Special thanks to the family who took care of me, fed me and reminisced with me for 4 days and 4 nights - Balagtas Family. Thanks as well to my financers - my sisters who even if they are far from me they sent me monetary gifts! ;) 
Most especially thank you Papa God that I'm 24 and surrounded with great people, great friends, and an awesome family!


No comments:

Post a Comment