Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Palawan - DIY Itinerary - DAY1

Palawan trip! Another first time and what excites me the most about this trip is we are complete as a whole family with all my sisters from abroad and my brother-in-laws. The great thing about this trip is we're in a large number means the MORE the MERRIER! This might be a very long blog since I'll be posting pictures as well as the itinerary I made for us. YES! I had to do it on my own. DIY ITIN nga eh! Lumabas na naman ang pagiging metikoloso ko sa paggawa ng itinerary. Of course for this one it should be great and memorable even though not perfect but close to being one. 

The night before our trip I was so exhausted. I came from work with sleepless nights from the past travels I had (Bacolod and Singapore), packed my things and also stayed up late. They we're all sleeping in the room and I am in the sala with my netbook partner to search on the different places to visit. PROCRASTINATION! Yeap! The right term! Cramming to the maximum level as in, with only 1 hour of sleep and then my alarm goes on! Shocks!!! Ayokong maging Home Alone the Movie mala - Kevin kaya I have to prepare even though my eyes were dropping. Kapagod kaya - MASA padin. MASAndal TULOG!

The one thing I could not forget, sa plane pa lang kasi good vibes na! Upon reaching Palawan we are to depart the plane, with the queue of getting out of the plane you could somehow see different people and the one guy I saw was my ULTIMATE COLLEGE CRUSH! - Luis Del Rio (name drop na 'to, I don't think he would know naman) Grabe! Akalain mo, of all people, of all the places, I saw him. he's the guy na sobrang torpe ako hahaha. Yup, natotorpe din ako pag crush ko talaga pag hindi kiber lang! :) He's a flight attendant of PAL! Kala ko pa naman he'll be a doctor, pero he's so0oooo gwapo padin and siyempre torpe padin ako, I put on my shades and didn't even said hi to him! Tiklop talaga ako! REGRETFUL Moment na naman but still sobrang kilig na ko wala naman nangyari hahaha...Nakakatawa lang talaga pag naaalala ko coz I was so thrilled, the last time I saw him was Baccalaureate Mass pa namin and that's it! 

Well let's get back to business. :)  My checklist has always been my travel companion. Different kind of checklists...
Things to bring (/)
Things to wear (/)
Travel Docs (/)
Memoirs (/)
ITINERARY (/)
BRAIN (/) - COMMON SENSE 

On our first day, it was only the single ladies with our parents. The couples were to follow the next day. Upon arrival at the airport, the usual process, check-in, etc. I feel so good at this hahaha..feeling expert, hayaan nyu na...FEELINGERA ako eh. :)

While waiting for our luggage at the carousel I was browsing some contact info from the brochures at the airport. I immediately took one number to call for van rental. And then to meet up with the driver to bring us to our Hotel. We chose Marianne Inn for the hotel, knowing me I would not waste my money on accommodations if I would only use it to sleep. It's a nice hotel but had some troubles about my booking pa lang, fully booked but then I already purchased my hotel voucher online. Anyway, medyo naging GUESTZILLA ako and I am so sorry for that. The reception area is small but enough to accommodate their guests. Tapos may mga naging mali pa sa choice of room haaay naku, uminit ang ulo ko but then all is well that ends well. The hotel staff are accommodating I just hope that they need to organize all their bookings para if they can't accommodate the guests requests then the guests can look for other available hotels.

Here's my ITINERARY for DAY 1:

I want to share this because it's the cheapest I could do and it'll be a good help for others planning to have their own itinerary with their own budget. But of course I recommend this for group travelers, I think it'll be more wise to use a package if you wanted to be safe on travelling alone or just with a partner.

While waiting for our room to be ready I am negotiating for a van rental. Usually a city tour package would amount to php600/person. Well what I did, we left the hotel visited one of the famous restaurants called "Balinsasayaw", here you should try their pineapple rice and balinsasayaw soup. If you're trying to be local you should try what's their to offers. :)

Around 2PM, I asked the driver whom I am truly sorry for forgetting his name, to pick us up at the Balinsasayaw restaurant to proceed with the tour. The van rental for us costs 1500 for a city tour of 4 hours. Imagine that. We are five persons, if we took on the city tour package amounting to php600/pax we could've wasted a lot more money rather than spending only half of it. :)

Here's the spot we visited during our City Tour:
Crocodile Farm
Mitra's Ranch
Baker's Hill
Binuatan Weaving Creations
Cathedral and Plaza Quartel
Butterfly Garden

After our City Tour which lasted for 4 hours to be exact, we head back to the hotel and refreshed ourselves then prepared for dinner. This time another famous local restaurant --- Kinabuch's :) It's a good place to hang out, they have some sports bar and some bands playing too. A good place to chill. I didn't taste here the famous Tamilok but instead some good food to eat. :)

A have to update some photos since may magaling na tamad na sister wouldn't want to upload her big files of photos yet. Super pending. So I guess I'll just be posting some pixies here and not all...but I'll keep it posted!


Palawan DIY day 2

Palawan DIY day 3

Palawan DIY day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment