Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Palawan : DIY Itinerary Day 3

DAY 3 for our Palawan Family trip. For our 3rd day, we woke up early morning had our packed breakfast with us and head on to our first stop - Underground River. :)

For a normal tour package of Underground River it would cost php1500 / head if we are 9 in total that would cost us around = php13500. But again budget wisely I became the tour agent for our family and for the total Underground River package it summed up to = php

Breakdown:

PHP 3000 - Van rental
PHP 1800 - Lunch buffet (9 persons)
PHP 1575 - Permit (175 / head)
PHP 1400 - Boat rental (700/boat - maximum of 6 persons only)
PHP 360 - Environmental fee (40/head)
PHP 27 - Wharfage dues for Port of Sabang (3/head)
--------------------------------------------------
PHP 8162 - Total expenses
PHP 5338 - Total savings




In the Underground Tour it was really nice, of course I'm the busy person arranging all the necessary fees to be collected and then all the permits, etc. When we had our boat ride upon arriving at Sabang area, we were given helmets and life vest for safety then took some pictures everywhere.

The tour itself is very educational and I love how the tour guide shows different figures from the formed stalagmites and stalactites. Since I am not in my adventure attire I was not able to join my sisters in their zipline adventure. :( Too bad next time always be prepared, pinairal kasi ang kakikayan. :( But it's okay I spent time roaming around the area looking for some pasalubongs in their tiangge. :)

After my sisters' zipline adventure we ate at a nearby restaurant for buffet lunch and yes, we didn't pass the chance to taste their famous TAMILOK. Well it looks like a worm but it's not. It actually came from the mollusk family which is why it tasted like squid. Trying to be local again that's why I tasted it. :)

When we headed back to the hotel in the afternoon, I guess we were all tired, we had the chance to roam the city side my parents took a nap. We again had some snack at the hotel and some refreshments. After resting for a couple of hours, we're all recharged again and excited for a new trip. This time it's a night adventure. A time to learn and relax with the company of the fireflies. :)

The normal rate for a package of firefly watching in Iwahig would cost php1100/head with dinner or php900/without dinner. For us we rented Manong driver for php 1300 for a round trip tour to Iwahig. And our boat costs us php1800 for 3 boats.

EXPENSES:
PHP1800 - Boat ride for 45mins (600/boat good for 3 persons)
PHP1300 - Van rental
--------------------------------------------
PHP 3100 - Total expenses
PHP 5000 - Total Savings

We were grouped into 3, I am with the couple Ate Nemia and Kuya Ruel. This time I can still remember the name of our guide, - MARK GOMEZ. Thanks to my brother-in-law for reminding me that. It was indeed a solemn trip. The moment I needed, just to free my mind from the stress, the noise, it was a peaceful place. It was indeed romantic for me being the third wheel for the couple but who would've thought that it's the other way around. My sister and brother turned out to be chaperons ..hahahah :) Mark has a really good voice! Grabe parang DJ, pwede na nga ako makatulog eh. He gave us so many info about the fireflies, the stars, the constellations, the trees, the nature, everything was new to us. It was also my first time to see a satellite, sobrang ganda talaga nung place and I wanted to go back knowing I'd have a peace of mind.

Anyway, we all did learn and I don't want to spill it all out here, kasi nga sayang mawawala yung thrill and excitement nyu about what the place could offer. It's always better to experience it by yourselves and that's why I'm promoting it! :) At dahil guarded ako ni Kuya Ruel, super sumbong kay na Daddy, good thing Daddy is on my side hahaha :) Super asar talo na naman ako sa pagiging bully nila but of course it was all for fun.

Well after our Iwahig tour we are to have dinner. We're all hungry and yet our brains were very much bloated with the information we learned. :) We went to Badjao restaurant to discover their great food to offer and great location. In our dismay it's their closing time. :( One good restaurant I missed. :( Anyway, since the couples hadn't tried the Kinabuch's restaurant we went there for dinner. This time we're in a larger group and there was a band playing. A good dinner for all of us and again story telling about the things we did during the whole day. :)


Palawan DIY day 1

Palawan DIY day 2

Palawan DIY day 4


No comments:

Post a Comment