Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Life is a race

Last Sunday I went to attend the Church service at Victory Alabang. For the past two months I wasn't able to attend services due to my busy schedule with my family.

Before the service ended, Pastor Sonny showed a video to us and it does made me cry. Life is definitely a race. We do have different races in life and it's not who wins or loses but the importance is we FINISH the race.

I would like to share this reading I had the night before I went to church.
To go forward, we must let go of the past (Philippians 3:13). After all, it's hard to run a race looking back. Forgetting the past begins by believing it's possible. Moving FORWARD depends on it.  - Regina Franklin.

Whether we attained success or we failed in the past, it's time to LET GO and continue running. We may stumble and fall in this race called LIFE. But God will definitely help us to stand again and He will help us finish the race!



Derek Redmond, a retired British athlete who won a lot of medals in his career. Although winning comes with pain and so he suffered injuries as well. During the 1988 Olympics in Seoul he pulled out 90 seconds before the race started due to an injury in his Achilles. But he didn't give up. Olympics in Barcelona in 1992, he again run in a race and this video will show you what happened, why he deserved a standing ovation from the crowd.


I have a dear friend who runs a race and whether you win or lose, your family and friends will always be proud of you! Keep up the good work Thomas! I may not be physically on the crowd but know that I am cheering for you! :)

Life is a RACE and a JOURNEY. Let's work hard and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment