Wednesday, July 18, 2012

- disappointment -




I'm the type of person who do not want to gamble. Gamble in a way that to risk everything. I know, I play it safe and sometimes I wish I could learn to have a LEAP OF FAITH. I do not expect good things to always happen. For example, in a job interview I usually think of negative feedback from the employers for em not to expect anything at all and be ready just in case I won't be hired. I would say I am blessed, with all the negativity in my mind I somehow passed all of it. Because I do not expect, then just in case I won't be hired I won't get disappointed.

But I'm not telling this for the others to be as negative as I am. Actually this is wrong we should always stay positive. I'm not always on the negative side I'm more of the balance side. I balance in a way if there's a downfall I always look to a brighter side...maybe there is something bound to happen, something meant for me. I weigh things and consider them wisely. Hopefully with all the decisions I made there are no regrets. 

Of course I've had my share of disappointments - a dozen or more as I may say...but I do let it pass. 

I've been back to reading my daily scriptures from the book my friend Emma gave me. I've been past due from my current date so I'm trying to cope up again. 

Here's some of what I read. Let's learn from it. 

Disappointment is a normal, human reaction to an unmet desire. Proverbs 13:12 says, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life." We were intrinsically designed for hope, but living in a fallen world means facing disappointment. What we do with it makes all the difference.

The problem comes when:

- We think we deserve something
- We make our happiness dependent on whether we get what we want.

In contrast, God asks that we live a life surrendered to and dependent on Him. 


Our Daily Journey with God Volume 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment