Friday, September 28, 2012

Gay men over Straight men

I've read this article in Yahoo before and I decided to blog about it...why? because it does makes sense.

I got some excerpts from the article What Straight Men should Learn from Gay Men and added some of my thoughts and it was worth reading. So I advise the guys out there to read this!



1. Gay men don't give a damn!

Admit it...gay men are more stylish than men. I am telling this in a manner of men's clothes. Sometimes I get confused when a hot guy passed by me and then suddenly talks so soft! It's like "Oh no! He's gay! Sayang!"

They come in so attractive men's outfit and of course some of them are physically fit! That's why it's much more confusing. They won't mind what other people would think and they move with confidence and sophistication.

Lesson 1: Self assurance is different from a swagger. Learn to tell the difference.

2. Gay men are in touch with their feminine side.

This is what most girls need. Someone who can understand them when they have mood swings, they crave for something, or just really need some attention. Some guys don't get what girls think or want so they end up  ranting with their guy friends on how they just don't understand their girl.

I love how my guy friends acted sometimes as gay. It makes them more of a man for me coz they have this sense of humor and can totally cheer up some girls. And it's nice that somehow they appreciate how a girl carry herself, her outfit, how she put on her make up, etc.

Lesson 2: Revealing a sensitive side makes you more of a man, not less of one. 

3. Gay men don't ogle, they appreciate.

It's nice to receive compliments and it's flattering too but it's not really nice if men stares and you know it's a malicious look! Respect guys! Appreciate and stop ogling. Just as what they say, first look is appreciative second and stared look always has malice.

Lesson 3: - If you must look, steal a glance, and don't let us catch you ogling. After that focus on the personality not just on the package.

4. Gay men value the finer things in life.

Girls, don't you just love it when your boyfriend willingly accompany you to watch a Filipino chick-flick movie or go shopping for your clothes without looking at his watch? Go with you on a Taylor Swift or Katy Perry concert? Watch a play? Sing a song for you? --- these things are hard for straight men but not for gay men. But a girl is definitely lucky if her guy can accompany her in these occasions.

For me, of course physically I get attracted first but what mostly stays for me is if a guy is smart and willing to accompany me with all my walks in life. Whether in a movie, cozy couch, new found restaurant, shopping, and crazy sports too.

Lesson 4: We love it when you flaunt a six pack, but variety is the spice of life. Only sports and music makes you oh-so average. 


Finally I love the last part of the article, it says:

"There are plenty guys who can boast of having the best of both worlds, though, and I don't mean bisexuals. Because a straight man who is confident, affectionate, appreciative and interesting is like a real-life Captain Jack Sparrow!"


But of course, I am not saying I am pro-gay person not even an anti. I just think men should have some thoughts about this. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment